As you might have guessed already, the post is about my recent successful experiment with the Eyebrow Tattoo Pen from the Mikyaji line of makeup products. It is not really a “tattoo” pen as the name suggests, but it imitates the look and feel. This specific pen comes in 3 shades I believe (light brown, dark brown and black), however, I have been using mine in shade # 901. As far as I remember I got it in Dubai Festival City, Mikyaji shop, cannot recall exact price, but somewhere in the range of AED40-80.
That’s how the packaging looks like
I just could not resist not sharing this post, as I believe many busy women and moms would love to save some time doing their makeup with hectic time schedules; since eyebrows play a big role in bringing out the natural face beauty. I bought this eyebrow pen right before my recent Eid Al Adha trip abroad and it was a piece of cake applying it.
Thankfully I have been gifted quite a thick and broad pair of eyebrows by nature, which I groom myself way thinner than they are originally. I rarely trust my eyebrow job to a parlor, except for if I would be going for tinting them once in a while. However, since recently I have developed a sensitive skin around my eye area, I have decided to withdraw from any such eyebrow tinting due to chemical consistency of the products used in the salons. Hence the need for an easily applicable product;)
Ever since I have become a mom, it is quite hard to find time/ occasion to frequently use heavy makeup with my busy schedule caring for my baby. Nevertheless, I tend to reserve wearing a slight makeup when going out with family.
With very little time available, this eyebrow tattoo pen is my 3rd most important step of makeup routine. I have used several other types of eyebrow shadows, pencils etc in the past, however, I figured out that it would take me about 10-15 minutes in average to apply and create the eyebrow shape that would leave me satisfied with the look. Considering the fact that every mom’s time is very limited for herself during the day, I have not been spending any more than 3 minutes applying this tattoo pen on my eyebrows. Which is why I love it and highly recommend it for all on-the-go moms and busy women.
It has really made it easier and simpler for me to create that defined eyebrow look and save some time efficiently, without any mess or frustration trying to attend to my baby and do my gorgeous mommy makeup simultaneously.
So, this is how it goes step by step:
- Right after I finish my compact powder and mascara application I go straight to the next step
- I draw small, but defined lines with this pen along the underneath of my eyebrow (The darkness/contrast of the line depends on how hard or gently you press the pen when drawing the line, which makes it easier to create natural or dramatic eyebrows – the choice is yours)
- Just as previous step, I draw a broken line along the top of my eyebrow (where the gaps tend to show/stand out between hairs), but focusing on the mid to tail end of the eyebrow rather than just drawing a line all the way from inner brow. Please try to avoid the inner eyebrow in this step for natural look
- Next is to fill in the mid section of the eyebrow with heavier strokes, again, please do not start at the inner eyebrow, this makes it look way too fake
- I then pick up an eyebrow brush (or you could use an old/dried mascara wand, whichever you have at hand or are comfortable with) and spread the already applied product a little away from the inner eyebrow right up to the tail of the eyebrow.
- Final step: Since the eyebrow hairs have already picked enough of the product color, you can keep brushing through the eyebrow with the brush (not pen) to smoothen/blend out the inner and rest of the eyebrow until you are satisfied with the intensity of the color.
I find it quick and easy, most importantly helps get that beautifully defined daily look for my eyebrows, when in a hurry. I can honestly vouch for the long lasting and non-smudge effect, since once it dries I do not have to worry about my son touching my eyebrows in the fear of messing them up:)
Hopefully you will enjoy trying this eyebrow “tutorial” using the Mikjayi Tattoo Pen as much as I do. It saves me so much of time.
If you have been using this or a similar product please leave your comments about how you liked/disliked it, perhaps there are better products in the market. Just let me know;)